5 Things Includes a Blitzkrieg, Karaoke
Bad weather might be heading our way just in time for Labor Day weekend.
It’s Thursday and the long weekend is almost here. If you’re wondering what’s up in and around Land O’ Lakes, here are five things to consider today, Sept. 1:
- We could be in for some bumpy weather – A large storm system is looking in the Gulf. This means we could be in for some serious rain as we move toward the weekend. The highs today aren’t even expected to break that 90 mark.
- Seniors can get physical – Seniors looking for a place to get into shape might want to check out Pasco Health and Fitness this morning. A free group exercise class for seniors starts at 9:30 a.m.
- You can Zumba – Blend Fitness sponsors a Zumba class every Thursday. Participants don’t have to be members of the gym to join the class and there’s only a nominal weekly fee attached for this fun, high-energy way to get into shape.
- You can sing – If you love to sing, stop by Beef ‘O’Brady’s tonight at 8 for karaoke. The music is family friendly until 11 p.m.
- You can vow to remember – On this day in 1939, Germany began its bombardment of Poland. Hitler introduced his “blitzkrieg” strategy during this invasion.