5 Things Includes Bowling and a Familiar Street
Everything's A-OK in Land O' Lakes today.
It's Thursday, Nov. 10, and, well, a sunny day should be sweeping the clouds away...
- The National Weather Service calls for patchy fog before 8 a.m. in the area today. But once it lifts, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 80. There is a 20 percent chance of rain after 1 p.m.
- Looking for something fun to do tonight? You can help strike out cancer at Relay for Life's Strike for a Cure bowling night at Royal Bowling Lanes, 1927 Brinson Rd, Lutz. A$15 donation includes shoe rental, two games, light refreshments, and a chance to win raffles and trophies. A $10 donation for spectators includes refreshments and raffle chances.
- Or you can work up a sweat with low-impact aerobics at the Land O' Lakes Recreation Complex from 7 to 8 p.m. The $6 per session class runs every Thursday.
- Wiping the rain away - On this day in 1903, Mary Anderson of Birmingham, Alabama patented the windshield wiper.
- Chasing the clouds away- And on this day in 1969, "Sesame Street" made its broadcast debut.