It’s the start of a brand new week and there’s a whole lot going on in the Land O’ Lakes area and nearby. Here are five things to know today, Feb. 21:
- The weather should be great – With highs in the 80s and lows in the upper 50s, today should be a fantastic one outside. Skies might be a little cloudy, but rain doesn’t seem to be a big threat.
- Schools, government offices are closed – Pasco County public schools and many government offices are closed for Presidents Day. A few offices in Pasco are open to serve residents, but many are not.
- The fair opens – The 64th annual Pasco County Fair kicks off today, giving those with a day off from work or school a great option. Featuring rides, entertainment and plenty of carnival food, this is a best bet nearby for sure.
- You can find a new place to eat – Stumped for dinner tonight? If you decide not to check out the midway foods at the fair, check out the Land O’ Lakes Patch Directory for ideas a little closer to home.
- Learn how to write – The Florida Writers’ Association Critique Group meets Mondays at the Barnes & Noble in Carrollwood. It’s a short drive, but members work together to help each other improve their writing and expert advice is even available. The group meets at 7 p.m.