5 Things Includes More Rain
Weather in the Land O’ Lakes area is likely to stay a little soggy.
It’s Wednesday already and things are getting busy in the Land O’ Lakes area. If you’re wondering what’s up today, Sept. 7, here are five things to consider:
- Rain is likely to continue – Rain chances again today are pretty strong. You can expect highs in the upper 80s and lows down in the 70s. The seven-day forecast for Land O' Lakes calls for decent rain chances all week.
- You can network with the chamber – The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce’s Wednesday Morning Networking Group meets today at 7:45 a.m.
- You can take in a service – Churches throughout the Land O’ Lakes area offer Wednesday evening services. Just check the Patch Events calendar for times and locations. If you know of a service we’re missing, you can add it, too!
- You can get more involved in local news – Land O’ Lakes Patch is here to be your source of local news, information and conversation. We can’t do it all ourselves though! If you see news happening, let us know by emailing Sherri Lonon, posting on our Facebook page or shout wall. You can also get involved as a Patch blogger. We’d love to hear more from you!
- You can tip your hat to Uncle Sam – Today is the day that the nickname Uncle Sam for the United States government first came into use back in 1813. According to History.com, the name came from a New York meat packer named Samuel Wilson who shipped barrels of meat to the United States Army during the war of 1812.