5 Things Includes Pottery Painting, Stories
What do you need to know today, June 3?
Friday is finally here and there are a lot of activities going on around town. If you’re wondering what’s up today, here are five things to consider as you go about your day:
- The weather will be more of the same – Don’t look for much of a break from the heat today. The highs are expected to be in the 90s yet again with lows in the 70s. There’s only a 10 percent chance of rain.
- You can cool off in the pool – The Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex’s pool is open for business. Pool hours are 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for adults only and 12:30 to 7 p.m. for everyone.
- You can take the kids to hear a story – Stop by the Land O’ Lakes Library this morning for Toddler Storytime. The fun starts at 10:15 a.m.
- You can make some pottery – If you don’t mind a short drive over to New Tampa, you and your family can enjoy the Freaky Friday event at Do Your Own Dishes. This establishment enables customers to paint their own pottery. The fun starts at 5 p.m. and kids 13 and under only cost $4 per hour during this weekly event.
- You can find a new place to eat – If you don’t want to heat up the house with an oven tonight, check out the Land O’ Lakes Patch directory for ideas on where to go for dinner.