Get Out: Weekend Events Preview Feb. 25-27
Here’s a look at what’s coming up in Land O’ Lakes and nearby communities this weekend.
It’s Thursday and the weekend’s just around the corner. If you’re still stumped on what to do, we’ve got some great ideas.
- When/Where: Ukulele Brand’s, 4805 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Try your luck at one of the World Poker Tour Texas Hold 'Em tables for an opportunity to win a place at a national poker competition. Buy-in is at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Pricing: Prices Vary.
- When/Where: Fridays and Saturdays are coffee and music nights at A Cup of Organic, 1900 Oak Grove Blvd., in Lutz, from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Why Go: Join A Cup of Organic for its weekly live music and coffee night. This weekend's lineup includes performances by Christian Nicolette and Final Moment on Friday, and Life Christian University Youth Concert with Larry Pearre on Saturday.
- Pricing: Free, but food and beverage purchases vary.
- When/Where: Pet Fanatic, 1532 Land O Lakes Blvd. Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Local pet lovers are invited for an afternoon of free music, family-friendly entertainment, prizes and silent auctions for a great cause. In recognition of American Heart Month, all proceeds from this event celebrating love for animals will benefit heart health and research charities.
- Pricing: Free.
- When/Where: Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O Lakes Blvd. Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Land O'Lakes' Sun Rays Relay For Life team hosts a special live music show this weekend at the community center. Enjoy performances by local Christian bands along with free food and drink samples from local restaurants.
- Pricing: Free.
- When/Where: Pasco County Fair Grounds, 36722 State Road 52, DadeCity. Daily from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. through Feb. 27.
- Why Go: Plan ahead for a trip to the fair in Dade City this weekend. In addition to games and rides for all ages, the fair hosts a wide selection of live music, livestock shows, and pageants for your entertainment.
- Pricing: Adults: $8, Children (6-12): $5, Children under 5: Free.
Looking for more things to do this weekend? Check out our family friendly Grab & Go Kids Planner, refreshed every Wednesday.