Kindergarten Pre-Registration for Pasco Schools Coming Up
Head start and Early Head Start applications also will be accepted at select schools.
Kindergarten pre-registration will be held May 7 at all Pasco County elementary schools. Those interested should contact the school in their area for details about orientation activities and times. Head Start/Early Head Start applications are available only at select elementary schools.
Kindergarten pre-registration requirements:
• Child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2012
• Child’s birth certificate or other proof of birth date
• Health examination – HRS Form 3040
• HRS Certificate of Immunization
• Proof of Florida residency (such as current electric bill or lease agreement)
For information about kindergarten, call Lori Wiggins, Supervisor of Curriculum and Instructional Services, at 727- 774-2317; or 813-794-2317; or 352-524-2317.
Head Start/Early Head Start application requirements:
• Expectant mothers, infants, toddlers and children through age 5 may apply (Preference for Head Start is
given to children who turn 4 on or before Sept. 1, 2012)
• Families must meet income eligibility requirements
• Certified birth certificate or other state approved document
• Child’s Social Security card or number (if available)
• Child’s health card (Medicaid, Kid Care or private insurance)
• Documentation of four to six weeks of most current household income, or 2011 W-2’s/1040 Tax Form
• Proof of residency (Driver’s license, utility bill, etc.)
• Proof of child support (if applicable)
• Information for other family members (Social Security numbers and dates of birth)
Protective Services and/or foster care verification; documentation of parent or guardian attending school; documentation of disability for child, parent and/or guardian.
For information about Head Start/Early Head Start call Alexis Russell, Social Services Coordinator, PreKindergarten Services at 727- 774-2730; or 813-794-2730; or 352-524-2730.