Land O’ Lakes Government Offices Closed Monday
Pasco County is closing most of its offices and facilities in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
As Land O’ Lakes residents observe the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, many Pasco County government employees will join them in taking the day off.
The county has announced that most of its offices, including the courts, will be closed on Jan. 21 in observance of the slain civil rights leader. Business as usual resumes Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Here’s a look at what’s closed:
- Tax Collector’s Office: The offices will be closed on Saturday, Jan. 19 and again Monday, Jan. 21 for the holiday.
- Libraries: The county’s libraries are closed Monday and reopen Tuesday.
- Recreation centers: These are all closed, but parks and beaches will open from dawn to dusk on Monday.
- Animal services: The agency is closing its shelter, adoption center and administrative offices on Jan. 21. Field services are also closed in light of the holiday.
- Pasco County Public Transportation: PCPT will not offer bus service on Monday.
- Resource Recovery Facility and the East Pasco Transfer Station: Both of these locations are closed for public use on Monday, but they will be open for licensed commercial haulers.
For more information about Pasco County government services, visit the county’s website.