Rockin' Ridin' and Livestockin' at the Pasco County Fair
The week-long event starts today with a parade through downtown Dade City at 1 p.m. today.
The 65th annual Pasco County Fair kicks off a week of “Ridin,’ Rockin,’ and Livestockin’” today at the 40-acre fairgrounds on State Road 52 in Dade City.
The fair gets under way at 1 p.m. today, Feb. 21, with the annual parade through downtown Dade City.
“There’ll be plenty of rides, plenty of livestock, and plenty of fun at this year’s fair,” Pasco County Fair Association president Wilton Simpson said in a press release.
Daily free entertainment includes a bear show by A Grizzly Experience; Robinson’s Racing Pigs and Paddling Porkers; Tropical Illusions magic and illusion shows; Sean Emery, a “funny guy who juggles stuff”; Ron Diamond, hypnotist, illusionist, and magician; Steve the Pretty Good, strolling; and Lisa Lou, a strolling circus act.
A professional rodeo and demolition derby also are included in the free entertainment, according to the press release.
Other entertainment highlights include:
- Showcase of Talent, 6 p.m. Feb. 20
- Rockin’ with Elvis, with Billy “Elvis” Lindsey as a tribute artist, 7 p.m. Feb. 21
- The Little Roy and Lizzy Show, bluegrass music concert, 5 and 8 p.m. Feb. 22
- Gospel Music Night, featuring The Dixie Melody Boys and The Whisnants, 5 and 8 p.m. Feb. 23
- Miss Heart of Florida Pageant, 7 p.m. Feb. 24
- Miss Pasco County Pageant, 7 p.m. Feb. 25
- Baby Pageant, 1 p.m. Feb. 26.
Livestock shows include:
- Youth Heifer and Bull Show at 6 p.m. Feb. 20
- Youth Steer Showmanship Contest, 6 p.m. Feb. 21
- Youth Steer Show, 6 p.m. Feb. 22
- Youth Steer Sale, 7 p.m. Feb. 23
- Youth Dairy Show, 3:30 p.m. Feb. 24
- Youth Hog Show, 8 a.m. Feb. 25
- Youth Hog Sale, 6 p.m. Feb. 25
- Open Dairy Goat Show, 9:30 a.m. Feb. 25
- Youth Sheep Show, 12:30 p.m. Feb. 26.
The Youth Poultry Show and Youth Rabbit and Cavy show will run throughout the fair. Other agricultural exhibits include the Youth Plant Show, which will also run throughout the fair, with the plants sold at auction at 2 p.m. Feb. 26.
The eighth annual Pasco County Fair Championship Rodeo will be held at 7 p.m. Feb. 24 and 2:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at the rodeo arena in the back of the fairgrounds.
The demolition derby, a Stoney Roberts Production, will be held at the rodeo arena at 2 p.m. Feb. 26.
For a complete schedule of events, visit the fair website.
Gate admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 6 through 12. Parking is free. On Tuesday, Feb. 21, gate admission for all fairgoers is just $3.
Unlimited midway ride wristbands are $18 Monday through Thursday, and $22 Friday through Sunday. The midway armband price is in addition to the gate admission price.
Tips to help you enjoy your day from the Pasco County Fair website:
- Check the weather and wear comfortable shoes. The fair is sprawled out over 30 acres.
- No bottles, cans, coolers or picnic baskets are permitted on the fairgrounds.
- Cameras and video cameras may be prohibited during certain entertainment events.
- No pets are allowed, with the exception of service animals.
For more information, call the Pasco County Fair Office at 352-567-6678.