It’s finally the Fourth of July weekend and there are a lot of things going on around town. If you’re wondering what’s up, here are five things to consider as you go about the weekend:
- You can expect better weather – While rain chances will stay with us Saturday and reemerge next week, overall we should see better weather this weekend than we’ve been having. That said, plan for typical summer hot days and bring an umbrella along just in case!
- You can take part in a teddy bear picnic – If you don’t mind the drive to Lowry Park Zoo, this sounds like a great event for the kids. It starts at 9:30 a.m. and includes games and more. Children should bring along their favorite stuffed bears. Regular admission applies.
- You can see some Ansel Adams photographs – If you’ve ever wanted to see this famous photographer’s works in person, here’s your chance. The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts has more than 50 shots by Adams on display. The exhibit is open Saturday and Sunday.
- You can go to a burlesque show – Whiskey Willy’s is playing host to a combination on Sunday. Proceeds will go to the Wounded Warriors Foundation.
- You can take in a service – Churches throughout the Land O’ Lakes area have services planned for Sunday. Check out the Patch Events calendar for times and locations.