Below is the list of closings related to the severe weather caused of Hurricane Sandy.
North Hills School District
- Schools reopen Wed., Oct 31 on a normal schedule.
- All classes, labs, clinical experiences, offices, student activities and other activities are cancelled. Only emergency personnel should remain or report to CCAC locations.
Mon Parking Wharf
- Closed: The Ohio River at the Point is expected to rise 18 feet Tuesday evening and crest at 22.3 feet Wednesday afternoon. This will begin to flood the 10th Street Bypass. At 18 feet, the Monongahela River Parking Wharf also begins to flood and at 25 feet, the "bathtub' section of the Parkway Central begins to flood.
Governor Corbett has ordered that all non-essential state employees stay home on Tuesdsay.
State Liquor Stores
- Closed all day Tuesday, will reopen at normal hours Wednesday.
Rescheduled Halloween Trick or Treating:
- West View: Sat. Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Residents, who pre-registered their children, for the Halloween parade which was cancelled Monday night are encouraged to stop at the West View Municipal Building located at 441 Perry Highway, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to pick up a goodie bag.
- Ross Township: Sat. Nov. 3, 6 - 8 p.m.
North Hills Patch will continue to update this list throughout the day and into tomorrow, so check back often!