Learning Gate Community School is hosting its third annual on April 14 on the school grounds at 16215 Hanna Road, Lutz. The event will be open to the public from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., and admission is free.
EcoFest 2012 is an annual event for the community that event organizer Michele Northrup hopes will highlight the talents of the school's environmentally-aware students.
"Our school community wants to share our love of supporting all things local and green," Northrup said.
"The students are thrilled to showcase their green efforts, our EcoSpeak workshops and the local vendors while enjoying our very unique campus."
EcoFest 2012 activities include:
- live music
- informational booths
- green living products and services from local artists
- green businesses
- environmental organizations
- alternative health practitioners
- renewable energy specialists
- organic farms and gardens with fresh local produce
For more information, call Northrup at 813-948-4190.