.

BOCC Approves New Precincts for Pasco County

Redistricting and re-precincting completed for nearly 300,000 Pasco County voters.

Supervisor of Elections Brian E. Corley announces the unanimous approved by  the Board of County Commissioners of the proposed redistricting maps at their meeting Tuesday in the Historic Pasco County Court House in Dade City.

“With this final approval we can move forward with final preparations for the upcoming election cycle,” said Supervisor Corley. “All voters will receive new voter information cards in July which will inform them of any changes to their districts and voting precincts.”  Also, new district maps are available to view at www.pascovotes.com

As a cost savings measure and due to the tremendous growth in Pasco County, the new legislative boundaries enabled the consolidation of precincts countywide and lowered the number of polling places from 123 to 108. These changes, significant enough to greatly reduce the amount of personnel and equipment needed for election days, affect only 15% of registered voters with the remaining 85% experiencing no change in their polling place.

As a result of redistricting, Pasco County will now be represented by one member of congress, District 12, two state senators, Districts 17 and 18, and three state representatives, Districts 36,37, and 38.

All voters are encouraged to visit to see their new voting information (precinct number, polling place and who your new represenatives) at http://www.pascovotes.com/voterapp.asp

My staff and I stand ready to assist you and we look forward to seeing you at the polls for the August 14th Primary and the November 6th General election. If I can be of any assistance, please email me at bcorley@pascovotes.com

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.

Greg Giordano June 14, 2012 at 01:00 PM
This is an exciting time for those of us interested in elections. I wonder if I still have the same precinct number (I've had it for as long as I can remember). I am looking forward to checking out the precinct finder. Thanks for sharing this important information!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something