It’s Monday already and that means Land O’ Lakes is shaping up for a busy week. If you’re wondering what’s up, here are five things to consider as you go about your day:
- It’s a good idea to bring an umbrella along for the ride – If you’re heading out today, you can expect some hot temperatures. Highs are expected in the 90s with lows in the 70s. Be mindful of afternoon storms. Play it safe and bring an umbrella along when you leave the house!
- You can check out the parks – If you’re looking for something to do with the kids in the morning, head over to the Land O’ Lakes Community Center playground. Should you want to let your four-legged friend stretch its legs, try the dog park at the Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex before it gets too hot outside!
- You can start your own blog – Have an opinion or expertise to share? Why not become a Patch blogger. Just email Sherri.Lonon@patch.com for details.
- You can learn a little history – On this date in 1950, President Truman ordered U.S. troops into Korea to defend south against the north.
- You can play volleyball – If you want to cap off the first day of the workweek with a little exercise, head over to the Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex. is on the schedule starting at 6 p.m.